One thing that I’ve discovered in my journey to learn how to effectively run a blog is the idea of a blogging challenge. When I’m doing these challenges, they’ll show up daily on the blog, but will inevitably be lost to time as more content gets pushed onto the site.
For that reason, I wanted to have a single page where anyone can come to read the archive of any blogging challenges I do here on That Jersey Gamer. In addition to having the key art and a link to each of the posts in chronological order, I’ll also be posting a little blurb about each challenge, including my thoughts on the experience, what I learned, and why I failed (if applicable).
I tried with my first 30 Day Challenge — I really did. The honest fact is that sometimes we get in our own way. Sometimes you look at everything you’re doing and have the single moment of doubt — that moment where you say “I suck at this and no one cares about this.” Sometimes you’re strong enough to pick yourself up from that. Sometimes your not. Sometimes you let that moment of doubt kill all the momentum you gained and all the work you did. I cam so close.
Upon returning to blogging, I decided not to complete the final five posts of this challenge to show that it’s okay to fail at something. It’s about how you pick yourself up from it, dust yourself off, and move forward.
I did learn a lot from this challenge, though. My biggest takeaway was this: finishing writing as much of the challenge as you can before you go public with it. Then, you can have the whole set of posts scheduled and ready to go while you focus on the primary content of your site.
I hope you enjoy reading this fun, albeit incomplete, challenge.
- Day 01 – My First Video Game
- Day 03 – A Video Game that is Underrated
- Day 05 – Video Game Character You Feel Most Like
- Day 07 – Favorite Video Game Couple
- Day 09 – Saddest Video Game Scene
- Day 11 – Gaming System of Choice
- Day 13 – A Game I’ve Played More Than Five Times
- Day 15 – A Screenshot from a Game You’re Currently Playing
- Day 17 – Favorite Antagonist
- Day 19 – A Video Game Setting You Wished You Lived In
- Day 21 – Video Game With the Best Story
- Day 23 – Game You Think Has the Best Graphics or Art Style
- Day 25 – A Game You Plan on Playing
- Day 02 – Your Favorite Video Game Character
- Day 04 – My Guilty Pleasure Video Game
- Day 06 – Most Annoying Video Game Character
- Day 08 – Best Video Game Soundtrack
- Day 10 – Video Game with the Best Gameplay
- Day 12 – A Game Everyone Should Play
- Day 14 – Current or Most Recent Gaming Wallpaper
- Day 16 – Game with the Best Cut Scenes
- Day 18 – Favorite Protagonist
- Day 20 – Favorite Video Game Genre
- Day 22 – A Game Sequel That Disappointed You
- Day 24 – Favorite Classic Video Game